Refrigerator Warranty Policy
Warranty Policies: – Empire Home Appliances Pvt. Ltd Which owns the brand GEM (hereby referred to as a company ) guarantees the purchaser (hereby referred to as a customer) that the refrigerator purchased carries a warranty of 1+4 Years from the date of purchase mentioned in tax invoice.
Terms and Conditions of the warranty are mentioned below:-
- Warranty is applicable on GEM brand refrigerator.
- Warranty is confined to the first purchaser of the product and is non- transferable.
- Warranty will be valid only when the warranty card and the original invoice or sales receipt (indicating the date of purchase, model no. and dealer’s name) is presented/ posted to the head office.
- Empire Home Appliances Pvt. Ltd offer 1+4years of Warranty on 50,100 & 150L. One year of comprehensive warranty and additional 4 years of warranty on compressor only and gas charging, OLP, relay & drier on chargeable basis.
- Empire Home Appliances Pvt. Ltd offer 1+9years of warranty on 170, 180,190, 195, & 215L. One year of comprehensive warranty and additional 9 years warranty on compressor only and gas charging, OLP, relay & drier on chargeable basis.
- Service during labor free warranty period will be provided only when the customer agrees to pay the spare parts amount if any which needs to be replaced.
- Company offers warranty if the products breaks down or experiences some functional failure. The customer is requires to register a complaint and based on the complaint, the company authorized technician shall visit the customer’s site. In some scenario where the service is not possible at a customer’s site then the product needs to be brought to the service center for service and shall be returned within a reasonable period of time. No Standby will be provided during this period.
- In the event of repair or replacement of any part of the product, this warranty will continue and remain for the unexpired period of warranty. The time taken for repairing and service will not be excluded from the warranty period.
- In case of replacement of unit under extreme conditions, the same model of the unit shall be replaced. In case model discontinued then the unit would be replaced with the unit that company feels the equivalent. The warranty on replaced unit shall be for the unexpired period only.
- In case of product damage/ customer abuse/ repair by unauthorized personals/ misuse detected, the warranty shall be considered null and void.
- The company’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repair or replacement of parts only. This warranty shall not cover any consequential or resulting liability, damage or loss to property or life arising directly or indirectly out of any defect in the product.
- The warranty does not cover any accessories external to the product.
- This Warranty is issued at Delhi, and courts at Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction over matters following from this warranty. In case of any dispute, arising out the same shall be settled by an Arbitrator, in accordance with the provision of Arbitration and condition Act.1996
This warranty is not applicable in any of the following conditions:-
- The warranty card not completed properly at the time of purchase.
- The completed warranty card is not presented to authorized service personnel at the time of service of the product.
- The product is not operated according to the instructions given in the operating instructions booklet.
- Defects are caused by improper or reckless use, which shall be determined by the company personnel.
- This warranty does not cover the risk to the product caused by accident lightening, water, fire, other acts of god, improper ventilation, dropping or excessive shocks or any external cause beyond control.
- The Warranty is not valid in case the serial no. deleted, defected or altered.
- Any defects damage, malfunction or failure resulting the alteration, accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer’s control, used on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, voltage supply problems
- Any repair work is carried by the persons other the authorized service personnel.
- Damage to the product or any part due to transportation or shifting is not covered by warranty.
- This warranty will automatically terminate on the expiry of the warranty period as specified above even if GEM Product may not be in use for any time during warranty period.