It’s very common to open your fridge, and you are welcomed with a terrible smell, which travels through your nostrils to the brain, making it go all fuzzy resulting in unwanted headaches. Nobody wants that, right?
So, if you think your refrigerator is smelling and every time you open it, you want to close the damn door as soon as possible, then yes, your refrigerator has a bad smell problem. But don’t worry, today, we are going to spill the hidden secrets to keep your refrigerator odour free.
Top 8 Secrets to a Clean Refrigerator
- Keep your refrigerator’s temperature between 37 degrees to 40 degrees. This will not only save energy, but also money. These levels of temperature are enough to keep your food, fruits, vegetables, and other stuff fresh for days.
- Next time you are getting your groceries and vegetables in a brown paper bag, don’t throw them away. You can use paper bags to keep the odour away. Keeping the crumpled paper bags inside your fruits and veggies bins for 48 hours will allow them to absorb all the unwanted smell. Also read – Gemindia Best Refrigerators for Couples: What You Should Consider Before Buying.
- Prepare a homemade cleaner in a 3-litre bucket or a tub; add 1 cup of ammonia, ½ cup of vinegar, and ½ cup of baking soda and, then mix them well. Now, put the solution into a spray bottle, or you can use a sponge a well. Thoroughly wipe down the whole fridge, including the drawers and shelves.
- Toothpaste is a great friend if you want to remove tough stains from the inside of your refrigerator. Also, it leaves a fresh fragrance after use. Also read – The Best French Door Refrigerators Under 15000 of 2021 | Review.
- You can also use buffing paste wax on the surface of your refrigerator to avoid grease and odour formation on the top of the refrigerator after thorough cleaning ( P.S. Not recommended for stainless steel surfaces).
- For a quick odour, powder vanilla or orange extract on a few cotton balls and put them in a shallow dish of your refrigerator. Also read – Best Refrigerators in Delhi-NCR 2021: Single and Multi-Door Fridge.
- Did you see any dust bunnies under the fridge? Try removing the grill and wipe the surface with a long broomstick. Make sure that you check the pan of water located underneath the refrigerator, as old water tends to smell if it is kept for days.
- Also, make sure to dust off the coils on the back of your fridge. Dirtier coils put pressure on the compressor, causing the refrigerator to use more energy to keep your food cold.
If you are looking for the best refrigerator in India in 2022, then GEM’s refrigerators would be perfect for you. Older refrigerators don’t have a feature like automatic smell remover and an in-built deodorizer. But, with GEM’s refrigerator, you not only get these features, but also several other amazing features like:
- Thicker Insulation
- 2 Star Energy Rating
- Transparent Veg Box
- VCM Floral Door
- Transparent Veg Box
- Door Lock
- Anti–Bacterial Removable Gasket
- Crystal Door Accessories
- Toughened Glass Shelves
- Stylish and Sturdy Handle
- 1 Compressor
- Base Drawer is optional
- Door Finish: PLAIN PCM
- Cabinet Finish: Leather Finish Coat PCM
- Refrigerator Shelf Type: Toughened Glass
- Egg Tray: Yes
- Compressor: Reciprocating