Apart from televisions, refrigerators are one of the few appliances that have become ubiquitous today. A refrigerator can be found in almost every urban household, usually in the corner. It is not an exaggeration to say that refrigerators have become an indispensable part of modern urban life. It serves a variety of purposes and contributes significantly to making our lives easier. It goes without saying that before purchasing a refrigerator, one must conduct extensive research to purchase a product that is best suited to one’s needs.
The fundamental function of all-refrigerators is the same. It is equipped with a refrigerant that absorbs heat from the items inside and transfers it to the environment (this is why it is advisable to keep a refrigerator at least 6 inches away from any obstruction). Choosing the best refrigerator in India in 2021 is a bit hectic. Refrigerators can be divided into the following categories:
- Direct-cool refrigerators are also known as single-door refrigerators because they only have one door. The refrigerator has a freezer inside it. This type of refrigerator is known for forming frost in the freezer after only a few days of continuous use (depends on the usage). The refrigerant passes near the freezer first in a single-door refrigerator as seen in Gemindia’s single-door fridge.
- The freezer is on top and the refrigerator is beneath it in a top mount refrigerator. It is very common in today’s households. It is commonly referred to as a Double Door Refrigerator.
- A multi-door refrigerator has more than two doors. To access different sections of the same refrigerator, different doors/drawers are used. Its electricity consumption is higher.
- Side-by-side refrigerators provide more space and flexibility than standard refrigerators. It usually has two doors, one for the freezer and the other for the refrigerator. Some models in this category include attached water or ice dispenser, allowing users to get chilled water or ice without having to open the refrigerator door.
Aside from the types mentioned above, some new technologies are being introduced in best refrigerators in India in 2021, a few of which are:
- Inverter Technology is currently the most promising technology on the market. This technology not only increases energy efficiency (electricity consumption) but also maintains a more consistent temperature, allowing food to last longer. When compared to traditional compressors, it saves 20-40% of the energy.
- Some refrigerator models allow you to convert the freezer to the refrigerator if and when you need more storage space in the refrigerator. One of which is the Gemindia double door refrigerator.
- Your eating habits play a role in determining which refrigerator is best for you and your family. Refrigerators are now available in different fridge-to-freezer ratios. (The ratio is usually 70:30 or 80:20).
- People have a habit of overfilling refrigerators, even though this increases the refrigerator’s electricity consumption. As a result, only those items that might perish otherwise should be stored. Avoid buying refrigerators that are too big and using them as an almirah.
You can read also – Top 5 Refrigerator Features to Look Out for in-2021
Modern refrigerators come with a slew of options, such as moisture control and temperature control. Every feature increases the amount of electricity used (unless it is a feature designed for electricity saving). So, pick the features that are most useful to you daily. Don’t buy a fully loaded refrigerator just to get a feel for all of its features.